Colocation hosting or colocation is where a 3rd party owns and rents out a space to house IT hardware at a data center facility. Bandwidth, space, servers, and equipment can be purchased at these secure data center facilities. So, here’s a short list of benefits that businesses can get by availing colocation services:
- Low Bandwidth and Power Costs
- Redundant and High Speed round the clock network connections
- Physical safety
- Compliance badges and certification
- Long-term scalability, stability, flexibility
- Expert level technical support
How does Colocation work?
Colocation facilities provide businesses with floor space and physical buildings, security, cooling, bandwidth, and power. The servers of these businesses are placed in the colocation facility (i.e. data center). The space of the data centers are typically leased either as private suits, rack, cage, or cabinets.
In addition, some colocation service providers offer managed services that support the business initiatives of a company.
Pros and Cons
Although the pros outweigh the cons, there are several factors that you should consider before deciding to opt for a colocation service. So, here is a list of some pros and cons.
- Cost efficient as colocation facilities enable businesses to save on infrastructure investments
- Reduced amount of downtime and optimal redundancy
- Improved cyber and physical security
- Especially designed for computing environments with a high density of power availability
- Constantly backed up by technical support for tactical responses
- Interconnection of an advanced network serving as a backbone for next generation requirements of computers
- Facility that are scalable to assist businesses in future proofing.
- Safeguards data offsite and systems deemed to be mission critical, therefore making it ideal for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- At times, the distance between the colocation facility and the office of a customer may be long, translating to increased travel costs.
- You get what you pay for. Meaning, the lower cost data centers typically do not have strong back up powers supplies. Therefore, the customer may experience outages.
Which colocation provider is the best?
In conclusion, although there are several colocation agencies that offer world class services, we recommend coloco.net. It’s affordable, reliable, and fast. in addition, Coloco.net provides over 150 GBPS capacity, has no hidden charges, and several generators protect the systems.
Very good write-up. I definitely appreciate this website.
What’s up, after reading this remarkable post i am as well cheerful to share
my knowledge here with colleagues.
I was able to find good info from your articles.
I am curious to find out what blog system you are utilizing?
I’m experiencing some small security issues with my latest site and I
would like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any recommendations?
I was suggested this blog by means of my cousin. I’m no longer sure whether or not
this publish is written through him as nobody else recognize such
special approximately my problem. You’re amazing! Thank you!
Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your
stuff previous to and you are just extremely great.
I actually like what you’ve acquired here, really like
what you are stating and the way in which you say it.
You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise.
I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a great
website. asmr 0mniartist